T.A.S.K. Innovations

T.A.S.K. Innovations is a Knex Building Company that strives to develop new Innovations.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
.......................................................6/13/2012 News:
Hey Guys! I am really wanting any general ideas on how I can improve the site, so please either shoot me a private message or start a thread in the Questions and Suggestions forum. Also, no one has recieved an innovator tag yet, so please, get out there and design your innovations! There is plenty of time to do it over the summer. Summer Heat Guidelines have been posted over at SSC, so check those out. We are slightly modifying how we are doing that over here so go check that out.

Share | 

Cedar Point 8/5-8/8

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SuperTkdkid
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Cedar Point 8/5-8/8   July 31st 2012, 4:09 pm

This Sunday I will be leaving with my family for a Cedar Point Trip. We're driving up there on Sunday and doing some safari thing my Mom wants to do. Then I will be spending Monday and Tuesday at Cedar Point. Thats TWO DAYS to get credits in. Too bad I won't be able to get the Wild Cat or Disaster Transport credits in. Should be fun though. We're coming home probably on Wednesday.

Back to top Go down
http://task.omgforum.net
SlYfOx321
Builder
Builder

PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point 8/5-8/8   July 31st 2012, 8:15 pm

Sounds good! Hope you have a great time! Smile
Back to top Go down
SuperTkdkid
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point 8/5-8/8   July 31st 2012, 9:34 pm

I've been trying to convince my parents to take me for awhile, so I'm very excited!

Back to top Go down
Turtle Man 24
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point 8/5-8/8   August 2nd 2012, 2:18 am

Now are you talking about the African Safari thing? Because if you are, i've been there and there's 2 parts. 1 where you drive through and see the animals up close meaning they walk up to the vehicle and you can feed them, and 2, where you walk and you're able to see more animals. I'm pretty sure you're talking about the place i'm thinking of, because it's only so many miles away from CP.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point 8/5-8/8   August 2nd 2012, 1:47 pm

Im pretty sure. Lots of pics upon my return. I have an entire memory card to fill up.

Back to top Go down
Turtle Man 24
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point 8/5-8/8   August 2nd 2012, 3:18 pm

At Cedar Point, if you want to sit in a certain seat and it's already taken, are you allowed waiting for the next train? Same question for Kings Island. Do you know about either?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point 8/5-8/8   August 2nd 2012, 10:08 pm

Yes, you just stand in line for that spot. Due to the new Fast Lane almost every ride has a ride op who tells you what line to go in, but you can request front, back, middle.

If you have a group and you want to go on the same train as them, but no one is in front of you but there are people in front of them you can offer to people for them to go in front of you.

Back to top Go down
SuperTkdkid
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point 8/5-8/8   August 14th 2012, 4:29 pm

I had a ton of fun at Cedar Point.
My first ride at CP and my first Intamin Accelerator was TTD. TTD was amazing. I never knew why you would wait in a long line for a 20 second ride, and then I rode it, and it craps all over the launchers I've been on so far. Just pure awesomeness.

Next was Mantis. This ride was pure crap. It totally killed my legs. I'd love to see it either replaced or receive floorless trains.

Millennium Force was amazing. It had some of the more insane airtime I have ever experienced on a coaster. Completely worth the wait!!!

Maverick was also awesome (gotta love intamin). All those fast transitions were amazing and new for me, and I loved every second of it.

Mean Streak is very mean in the back and smoother in the front. I did not hate it, but it doesn't make its way into my favorite woodies. This woodie is a perfect candidate for either a RMC treatment or having a GCI or GG replacement.

Gemini, what do I say? OMFG! One of the best Arrow Coasters I have ever been on! So much airtime on it! I absolutely loved it and it was a must re-ride when we were by it. Absolutely amazing!

Magnum XL-200 was decent. I loved the bumps and awkward transitions on most of the ride. It had decent airtime, but the return hills would have been better if they were more gradual at the top of them. Each time you crest one of the small hills you shoot up into your lapbar for instant pain. Not the greatest ride at CP, but I loved just as much as DBack at Kings Island.

Raptor was even better than it looks, and sounds. Wow that think is loud due to the no sand in the track as they didn't do that when it was built. It thought it would be smooth and peaceful like Batman: The Ride at SFOT. Oh was I wrong, and how happy was I that I was wrong. B&M really made a really awesome invert for CP. It was so much fun, which made its usual long wait worth it.

Wicked Twister was my first Intamin Impulse Coaster. I'm going to start off by saying that it was a ton of fun. Any park that wants a big thrill coaster w/o a lot of space a suggest one of these. It was awesome, and the short line made it even better.

Corkscrew was terrible. I rode it once in the back, but it was just awful.

Cedar Creek Mine Ride was flat out better than King Island's Adventure Express. Not as much theming, but a lot more fun

Iron Dragon was alright. Nothing special.

Disaster Transport was already closed when I went. I would have liked to get that credit, but it wasn't a major one.

Max Air was so much better than Kings Island's Delirium. A shorter line and a longer ride cycle. Just awesome.

Sky Hawk was my first S&S Sky Swing. Holy crap that was scary. Only a lapbar to hold you in. Definitively my favorite flat ride (and one of the only) of the trip.

Witches Wheel was my first Enterprise and it was pretty decent.

After they put in Gatekeeper I would like to see them add a ton of new flats. Well, that or the first 500 foot coaster (yes, I know that will probably not happen).

Back to top Go down
Turtle Man 24
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point 8/5-8/8   August 16th 2012, 1:28 am

What rides do you recommend to ride first?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point 8/5-8/8   August 16th 2012, 2:33 pm

Top Thrill Dragster, Millenium Force, and Maverick. They tend to have the longest waits. Then just make your way around the park for the shorter lines. Eventually you do want to go do Raptor by the front (I entered through the resort entrance, so if you enter through the main gate go for one ride on raptor while your there). Skip the other rides while you get those 4. Then ride the rest of them. If you enter through the main entrance go raptor then Millie, Maverick, and TTD. Don't worry about the rest as they should have shorter lines.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point 8/5-8/8   

Back to top Go down

Cedar Point 8/5-8/8
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
T.A.S.K. Innovations :: Discussion, Roller Coaster Games, and More :: The Amusement Industry :: Trip Reports-
Jump to: